Tag: Neem oil
Breathe Again with Neem

Breathe Again with Neem

Asthma is a lifelong disease that effects over 235 million people around the world. A chronic disease characterized by recurrent attacks of breathlessness, asthma often results in respiratory distress and can even cause death! Many people experience the symptoms daily, which seriously limits the person’s life ...

READ MORE +
Reducing Pesticide Use

Reducing Pesticide Use

Even though 5.6 billion pounds of pesticides are used worldwide every year, less than 1% of reach their intended target. Once sprayed over crops, synthetic pesticides frequently contaminate the surrounding environment, including the water, air, and soil. The social and environmental costs of pesticide use in the ...

READ MORE +
Neem’s Repellent Properties

Neem’s Repellent Properties

One of the most common and effective synthetic insect repellents, DEET, is surrounded by controversy. As more and more scientific research has been done on DEET, consumers still worry about unknown health effects that the man-made chemical could cause. There have been many documented health impacts and developmental ...

READ MORE +
Nimbolide: Fighting Breast Cancer

Nimbolide: Fighting Breast Cancer

Neem’s saccharides and limonoids, found in the bark, leaves, and seeds, have been shown to reduce the size of tumors. The neem tree has been utilized as a cancer treatment in India for centuries, though the science behind the mechanism has yet to be fully understood! When breast cancer patients chew neem leaves or ...

READ MORE +
Neem’s Advances in Cancer Treatment

Neem’s Advances in Cancer Treatment

Since 1993, the National Cancer Institute, the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences and the Environmental Protection Agency have all investigated and collected data on the health of farmers throughout the United States to determine health risks posed by agriculture. Hundreds of studies have been ...

READ MORE +
Natural, Neem Pet Shampoo Benefits

Natural, Neem Pet Shampoo Benefits

How often do you put toxic chemicals, like Frontline or similar pesticides, on your beloved pet? Two common active ingredients in flea and tick medicines for dogs are pyrethrin and pyrethroid. Pyrethrins are derived from Chrysanthemum flowers, but pyrethroids are synthetic and longer lasting, but have more adverse ...

READ MORE +
How Organic are Organic Cosmetics?

How Organic are Organic Cosmetics?

When we think of “organic”, we think of all natural, non-toxic, safe food and products. However, many organic products contain harmful synthetic chemicals. For example, when a product has a “made with organic” USDA label, the requirement is that only 70% of ingredients are organic. The other 30% can be dangerous ...

READ MORE +
Neem’s Role in Antibiotic Resistance

Neem’s Role in Antibiotic Resistance

One of the most urgent threats facing humanity today is antibiotic resistance. Antibiotic resistant bacteria, or superbugs, are germs that don’t respond to the drugs designed to kill them and they threaten to return humans to the time when simple infections would likely lead to a painful and torturous death. Today, ...

READ MORE +
The Organic Revolution in Cuba

The Organic Revolution in Cuba

Neem has played an important role in Cuba’s transition towards sustainable agriculture. Forced to turn to organic farming for self-sufficiency in the late 1990s, after losing over 1.3 million tons of synthetic fertilizer imports annually, Cuba had to rely on natural alternatives like neem for crop care and protection ...

READ MORE +
Innovations in Neem Research

Innovations in Neem Research

A tree with mul­ti­ple ben­e­fi­cial prop­er­ties, neem-based solutions are play­ing an increasingly important role in natural medical care. Research studies have shown that: Neem oil is an organic anti-bacterial that is effective against a variety of ailments Neem delays the coagulation of blood, which calms ...

READ MORE +
get_footer_text()